2020 IU13 STEM Awards
IU13 has so much to celebrate and amazing educators and leaders who need to be acknowledged for their work in the field of STEM. Although we could not honor them face to face this year, we are excited to provide an innovative alternative to celebrate their achievements.
This video not only honors each awardee, but it also includes remarks from The Steinman Foundation, who generously sponsors the awards, and Miss America, Camille Schrier, who is a strong advocate for STEM education.
This celebration honors winners from the Lancaster-Lebanon region in three categories: Elementary STEM Teacher of the Year, Secondary STEM Teacher of the Year, and STEM School of the Year.
The nominees for Teacher of the Year were assessed using the following three STEM Education Quality components:
- Implementation of STEM curricula that is innovative, inquiry-based, and infused with technology
- Integration of real-world applications
- Teaching assignments that include students of various levels and backgrounds
The school nominees were assessed using the following STEM Education Quality components:
- Their degree of STEM integration
- The integrity of their academic content and standards-aligned curriculum
- Application of the Engineering Design Process
- The incorporation of embedded performance assessments
- Their connections to STEM careers
The panel of judges had a difficult task in assessing each application as those who were nominated presented robust experiences and various innovations.