LCSA organizes summer opportunities for K-12 educators to learn about workforce needs in Lancaster County.
- If you are a teacher, use this page to explore summer workforce learning programs specifically designed for K-12 educators.
- If you are a business and would like to host a teacher for the summer, please contact Lauren Beal at Lauren_Beal@iu13.org
2024 Summer Opportunities for Teachers
EDUCATORS IN INDUSTRY
Teachers, what if:
- You had a better understanding of the knowledge, skills and dispositions needed to succeed in the local workforce?
- You had ways to build student awareness of great local companies and career opportunities within those companies?
- You were able to better align your lessons to give your students the capacity to succeed in careers in your discipline?
The Lancaster County STEM Alliance (LCSA) has partnered with Lancaster County businesses to invite Lancaster based teachers to join their staff for a seven-week summer work experience. These paid positions will allow teachers to experience firsthand the demands of today’s workplace, and the skills future employees will need to thrive.
Check back often as employers add additional opportunities. Applications are due February 23, 2024, at 5:00 PM. Reach out with any questions to Lauren_beal@iu13.org.
STEM LEARNING LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
The STEM Learning Leadership Academy has three parts: 5 days of professional development on what it means to be a STEM / Work-Based Learning Teacher Leader; five weeks of paid summer employment in a STEM position with one of our industry partners; 60 hours of action research during the 2020-2021 school year. The intent of this program is to both create a cadre of teacher leaders who can help guide their district work-based learning efforts and also to generate a body of practitioner research related to transferring learning from the workplace to the classroom.
Dr. Lauren Beal, Supervisor of STEM at IU 13
For more information please contact email@example.com.
- Advanced Cooling Technologies
- CNH Industrial
- LNP | LancasterOnline
EDUCATOR EXTERNSHIP – More info coming soon
The Summer STEM Teacher Externship Opportunity offers Lancaster County educators an exciting work-embedded professional learning experience. Each year, the Lancaster County STEM Alliance partners with a local company to provide a multi-day learning experience about STEM jobs in Lancaster County. This experience helps educators better prepare and equip their students to enter an ever-changing workforce by providing teachers with hands-on exposure to the expectations and needs of some of the largest employers within the county.
Past Externship hosts have included the High Companies, CNH Industrial, and Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories. Selection criteria include the applicant’s ability to commit to all days of the externship experience, the applicant’s commitment to incorporating STEM learning into his/her instruction, and geographic diversity within the county.
Registration is currently closed.
Contact Lauren Beal at Lauren_Beal@iu13.org for more information.